Saturday 19 July 2008

Memorable Dinner

Carlo celebrated his birthday with a dinner party for 16 people. I am sure you can guess where. Very enjoyable evening rounded off with more drinks at Alpino where we met Mark and Mike – Mike having just arrived – and others. I think we left about quarter to one and there were a few tired people at the pool today.

The previous night, Thursday, we were invited out by Franco and Umberta with Mark, Margery and Gemma.Tonight we are going out with Delio and Fede together with Mark and Mike. It might be nice to eat at home tomorrow.

The rain forecast for yesterday never materialised and apparently we now have a high pressure from Africa that will ensure good weather as far as the eye can see.

Barga is rock ‘n’ rolling at the moment with nightly bands in the Piazza Angelio – some of you may recall this from our holiday a few years ago. Due to dinner commitments, we have missed the first few nights but we should be able to make it tomorrow night; if not there are another seven nights to go. Unfortunately tonight we will also be mising the Scottish Pipe band.

I have now sussed out all of the available internet options in Barga – though I am open to more suggestions – each has its drawbacks and sad anorak that I am I miss my cable connection.

No comments: