Sunday 17 August 2008

Another Hard Day

Turned out nice again: so another day hard day at the pool.

Thankfully, on the way down to the pool the market stall was open. When I explained my problem to the old man whom I assume is the husband of the old lady he was sympathetic but said he could only offer a “superior” replacement product – albeit that this was the same price and also made in China.

He explained that he could not give me a refund as he had already completed his tax return for the previous day. Did he think I was born yesterday? How many Italian market traders can there be who ever fill in a tax return.

Discussions continued until he finally conceded defeat and gave me my money – it is not of course a money thing but playing the game that counts.

Hope the watch I bought in Fornaci is more reliable.


Evening dinner was at the Pesce Patate Festival in the football stadium – the best fish and chips I have had outside Scotland and amazingly well organised.

Then dancing outside Onesti – well at least Joe danced with Jill/Andrew.

No comments: